The Indie Game Dev Marketing Resource Hub
Here’s your source for all the marketing tools, ebooks, webinars, and templates you need
to learn, do, or reference for your marketing.
- gamasutra.com – The online free version of Game Developer Magazine. Weekly articles on game design and threads for discussion.
- pixelprospector.com – An indie goldmine full of essential resources for game developers.
- indiegamegirl.com – A very helpful blog for indie game developers looking for free marketing resources. It’s one of the major inspirations for this website.
- Konsoll 2014: It’s Not About You: A Scientific Approach to Effective Indie Game Marketing
- How YouTubers and Twitch Streamers Can Help Sell Your Games
- Community and Communication in Games-As-Services I highly recommend this video. Especially if you’re working on an Early Access or game-as-service type game.
- Marketing for Indies – PR, Social Media, and Game Trailers
- Pixel Prospector – The Marketing Guide For Game Developers
- Pixel Prospector – How To Contact Press
- Moz – Personas: The Art and Science of Understanding the Person Behind the Visit
– I highly recommend this guide. Especially if you’re looking to focus your marketing strategy around personas (which you should).
- Gamasutra – Promoting Your Indie Game on Social Networks
- Gamedonia – Promote Your Game Scoring Articles in Top Tier Publications